Friday, April 26, 2013

...I'm a firm believer that negativity breeds negativity...

Sorry it has taken me so long to write, hopefully you all haven't forgot about 'lil old me!  Hopefully, everyone is doing well and enjoying this on-again/ off-again spring/winter that we're having.  Next week will probably be 100 degrees all week, followed by snow-nadoes!!!  So I just figured out how lo link certain words/sentences to internet links, this is going to be AWESOME now!  If you see a word/sentence that's a different color, click on it and it will take you to something I think is cool, or referencing what I'm saying! I just made this thing THAT much cooler! :).  Today's post is going to be the direction I'm going to go now on my blog.  I'll always start with an update on my health/fitness. I think I'll follow that with other thoughts or observations.  Let me know what you think. If there's anything you would like for me to add on here or talk about (I will NEVER talk politics, fyi), please feel free to comment and I will definitely take it into consideration!

I've noticed a slight decrease of motivation on my part to work out. Not sure why, or what is causing it, but I can feel it.  I still go and work out, I love it, but not sure why I'm not as motivated to go.  Maybe it's just a phase that I'll get over, small obstacle to overcome.  In a spiritual sense, it's the enemy trying to bring me back to my old ways. I have to be stronger than that though, and continue to press forward!!! I've committed fully to running/walking as part of  my workout, and I absolutely LOVE it!  I tried to go back to the elliptical machine, but I can't. Don't want to.  Although my legs and shins hurt during and after, I love the feeling of accomplishment I have when I make the last turn and cross the 'finish line,' and do my cool down walking lap.  I've also committed to working out in the morning, before work.  5:30 am is early, but I like that there isn't too many people at the gym yet.  I need to start lifting again, make it part of my routine.  Not sure why I got out of it, but I did.  We'l get that going again though, got to!

I went clothes shopping the other day, thinking to myself that since I've lost some weight, things should fit better, or at LEAST look better on me...... W.R.O.N.G!!!!!! I was so sad/upset/embarrassed that clothes didn't fit any better on me.  I understand that losing weight doesn't mean that it's going to to come off where you ant it to, but dangit, it should!!!!  That trip is just another one of those little motivators to keep going and work that much harder, to achieve these goals I've set in place.  I'm going to have a whole new wardrobe when I drop another 20-30 pounds.  I've got clothes in tubs that I CAN'T WAIT (Bart Scott Voice, lol) to start wearing. I spent a lot of $$$ on them and really never wore them all that  much.  Again, more motivation!

I'm really excited to see friends and family members on social media posting about how they've started working out, or started eating better and are seeing results.  It's much better to see things like THAT on FB, Twitter, etc... as opposed to reading about a crappy day, dislike/hate for certain people/groups, or game invites ..... :)  I don't know about you, but I'm a firm believer that negativity breeds negativity.  The exact same applies, however, to being positve.  The more positive you see/read/hear, the more positive you will be.  Same goes for the negative. Most, if not all of you know that I'm sure, and it's your right to post whatever you want to on social media, but with all the negativity we see and hear on tv, radio and internet, wouldn't it be nice to see SOMETHING positive?  Again, congrats to all of you, friends and family, for making the decision to get fit, lose weight, and live a healthy lifestyle.

I guess that will be it for today.  I really hope to update this blog more often, at least once a week.  I know for sure that I won't wait almost 3 weeks to write again! Again, if there's anything you would like for me to write about, or something you'd like answered, questions about anything, please comment and let me know.  As long as it isn't off the wall, chances are, I'll answer.  Be blessed everyone, have an awesome Friday, and weekend also!

                                                                                                                           Joel


1 comment:

  1. I remember the not wanting to work out stage as well. Remember...most people quit after 2 months of starting....you have been in the routine and then your mind and body get a little bored......what I learned that works.....do your workout backwards.....if you walk...walk backwards...if you normally run...swim...take a class....and ALWAYS lift. That's important to help lose fat and gain muscle.

    Enough preaching...just something that helped me get through that same point that you are at....now a year later and 67 pounds down and counting....I can tell you it works.

    ReplyDelete