Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Wow, so I'm getting bad at this... Sorry everyone. I really didn't think it was going to be THIS hard to keep track of my blog. I don't have any real excuse for why I haven't posted, but we'll try and keep it up until the race, which is 1 MONTH AWAY!!!!!! After that, who knows what will happen. I'd like to continue writing about my progress, even if no one reads.  It's something that I might be able to look back at and reflect upon. We'll see..

Like I said above, the race is 1 month away!  I'm scared, nervous, excited, and every other emotion, all tied in one! More than anything, I'm proud of myself for continuing to work out and try and do better for myself and my family.  I know that I've relaxed a bit the last 2 months, but what I am MOST proud of, is the fact that I have NOT gained any weight.  That in itself is a great accomplishment.  My eyes are still on the ultimate goal, though, and I'm going to get there! Can't wait to see anyone and everyone who decides to show up and run. Such a great cause. You can get more information, HERE. 

So, what's happened the last MONTH......  Let's see: I got some new shoes, they fit  GREAT! My feet feel good, but I think I'm still breaking them in a bit.  I hurt my shoulder (not sure how) and calf (basketball). Calf feels good, I'm running again. Shoulder is a different story.  I'm probably going to end up at the Dr, and it's probably going to be bad... we shall see.  Other than that, I've maintained with weight, same 3 pound range every day, which I'm VERY proud of.  I'm planning on heading back to the Y for early morning workouts, this week.  Not sure why, but now that Amber is back to school, it makes it so much easier for me to get up early and work out.  Hope to see you soon, Brandi! The plan is to train, train, TRAIN for the race!  I'll probably go to the Dr. after, to get my shoulder looked at.  

Last thing, If you didn't know, the Race for Freedom website has a weekly posting from me about my progress, training for the upcoming race.  I guess I HAVE kept up with the blog, just not this one... :-)  HERE is the link to that, in case you want to read; this week's entry has some questions for seasoned runners. It should be up today or tomorrow. Take a look and give me as much advice as possible, I'll need it!  Have a great day, everyone! Talk to you soon!!!

                                                                                                          Joel

No comments:

Post a Comment