Thursday, March 28, 2013

I strongly dislike Joe this morning.... :)

I want to first start off by saying go Shockers and KU!!!!  Also, what a great result for the US Men's soccer team on Tuesday night, getting only their second point EVER in Mexico in almost 30 attempts. Way to go boys!

Hope everyone is having an awesome week so far, the weather around here looks like its FINALLY starting to get better (knock on wood...).  I've been feeling a little down the last week or so, not sure why. Been working out still regularly, lost a couple more pounds (HOORAY!), but I just feel big as ever. I feel like my workouts aren't doing anything to help. I'm sure that I'm just being too hard on myself, and I know that this is going to be a process, but c'mon man! Let's start fitting into some smaller clothes, look a bit more slender, and LOSE MORE WEIGHT!!! This is just one of the many physical, emotional, and psychological obstacles I'm going to have to get through, in order o achieve my goals.  I'm done complaining about it now; complaining is not going to help any. Shout out to my cousin/ lil brother Joe, who has really encouraged me through al of this.  He gave me some tips on what I should be doing for workouts after I told him about how I was feeling.  I strongly dislike Joe this morning because my arms and chest are on fire! But I love him too, for knowing exactly what was going to get my fire lit again and feel better after a workout!  Thanks homie!

I've been debating taking a few cardio classes at the Y, one with an old co-worker and a Zumba class taught by a friend who was in show choir with me in college.  Obviously I'm weary of doing either, one because it is at FIVE IN THE FLIPPIN' MORNING!!!  The other, because it's Zumba.  Not even sure what that means..... We'll see. I have a day or so to decide.  If not, Brandi is going to be hounding me until I say yes or no. :)

15 years ago yesterday, my grandfather, Ramon Sanchez Sr passed away.  Yesterday was very emotional for me, and I'm sure, for my family as well.  Not a day goes by that I don't think about him, or wish that he was still with us.  He taught me so much about being a good person, and really was the first to teach me about being a man.  I'll never forget the things he taught me and will be passing those things on to my son, so that his legacy continues for generations to come.  My grandfather had lots of health issues, blood pressure, diabetes, kidney disease.  My grandmother on my dad's side, Natalia, also passed away due to very similar issues, at an even younger age.  This scares me, a lot.  Not only do I have a history of health issues on both sides of my family, but I'm also allowing myself to live a lifestyle that is only going to accelerate these issues to attack me?  No sir, not this dude, not anymore.  If it is something that I can try and prevent, then by all means I will try.  Like I said in one of my earlier posts, the way I was living life previously was going to send me to an early grave. One, much like my grandparents’' that did not allow them to see some of their family's greatest achievements.  I don't want that. If I can prevent it, then I sure a heck am going to try!

I don't think you, as a reader, as a friend, realize how exciting it is for me to hear that you've started working out again because of this blog, or that you can't wait to hear what is next.  It's humbling, it truly is.  Again, thank you ALL for your support and encouragement. YOU are my motivation, as much as anything else to do well, to succeed. Have a wonderful Easter holiday with your family and friends, until next time!

                                                                                                                         Joel

2 comments:

  1. Love this post. Just remember, YOU ARE WHAT YOU THINK. I first started by writing quotes on the mirror. Then, when I looked in the mirror I saw the encouraging words and would look at myself and say them. When I was down about myself thinking how fat I was, then I ended up being fat. When I looked at myself and saw myself as a healthy skinny fit person, I lost weight. Its crazy. You get what you put out there with your thoughts. You are doing it just dont get discouraged if it doesnt happen over night, as you already know. It didnt take a day to put it on, nor will it take that time to get it off. YOU CAN DO IT, BELIEVE IN IT, CHALLENGE IT, AND DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 am is not so bad!!! Would you like me to start texting you when I get up to go workout??? :) I would love to encourage you to get your butt out of bed! You are doing amazing and you can do whatever you put your mind to. Love you!

    ReplyDelete